Last year was a great year for PRSA as a whole, as well as for our local North Florida chapter. We are going into 2017 with about 350 of North Florida's best and brightest PR, communications, marketing and media professionals. Our Board of Directors is committed to providing each of you with the tools and knowledge to enhance your craft and progress your career.
Recently, PRSA released their three-year strategic plan, which I encourage all of our members to read. One of the aspects of PRSA's strategic plan that spoke to me is the section on "The Adaptive Professional." This section discusses how our job roles consist of much more than just public relations. We wear many hats that can include media relations, social media, marketing, communications, copy writing, event planning, crisis communications, advertising and more. Professionals who can grow and adapt to these many roles will be the most successful. The Board took this into consideration when planning out our programs and professional development for the year.
Our Board of Directors is also working on a three-year strategic plan to help move our chapter and our members forward as our industry grows and evolves. While we are building this strategic plan throughout 2017, I'm focusing our efforts on going Back to Basics to ensure we lay a solid foundation on which we build our future. This entails a focus on our programming and member relations. With that, I have a couple of exciting announcements.
Our meetings will now take place on the third Thursday of every month beginning at 4:15 p.m. Our January meeting will be at Maggiano's at the Town Center where you will hear from CSX and JAA leaders about preparing your team, the media and the community during a crisis.
Beginning in February, the rest of our meetings will take place at Intuition Ale Works downtown. Also starting in February, attendees of the meeting will get their first Intuition Ale Works brew on us! I'm very excited about this fun change and I hope all of our members enjoy our 2017 programming.
Finally, keep your eyes and ears open for more information about the 2017 Sunshine District conference which takes place June 23 - 26. The best part? We are on a cruise ship for the conference! When the ship is at sea, experts will share insights about best practices including how to develop video content on a shoestring budget and what lessons can be learned from Hurricane Matthew. Stay tuned for registration information coming very soon!
I'm excited to serve each of you as President this year! Please feel free to reach out to me at any time with questions, concerns, ideas or if you'd like to serve on our Board!
Strategic Marketing Manager, Brooks Rehabilitation
Dalton Agency is currently looking for a Junior Account Executive to join our growing Public Relations team. In this role, candidates will be responsible the creation and implementation of public/media relations initiatives. To be successful, candidates must be able to analyze client situations and apply strategic communications strategies and tactics to meet challenges.
This individual must understand how to develop plans, craft messages, counsel clients and implement campaigns in a fast-pace, ever-changing environment. Ideal candidates are those that thrive in crisis situations, love the media and current events, work well in a team environment, overcome challenges, build relationships easily and are creative thinkers.
Below is a list of the areas of responsibilities as well as key attributes for the ideal candidate for this position:
- Performs day-to-day account work which may include: drafting a wide range of written materials, providing direction and updates to the internal team, coordinating events, maintaining client and media relationships, managing projects performed with and by others, and supervising more junior staff.
- Demonstrates ability to conceptualize program strategies, elements and implementation tactics.
- Interfaces with client contacts and others in a professional, positive and appropriate manner and has their respect/confidence.
- Skilled writer with the ability to compose and edit all press materials, messages, articles, memos, etc. papers for internal and external use.
- Balances work load and tasks, communicating effectively with team members to reliably implement assignments on budget and on deadline.
- Must have experience measuring and communicating results of public relations efforts.
- Operates with a high degree of independence, but knows when to rely on own judgment and when to seek advice, ideas and counsel of supervisor and other team members.
- Recommends solutions when problems arise and assists peers in problem solving.
- Uses talents of colleagues in own problem solving.
- Proactively seeks and shares information with colleagues and clients that is relevant to our industry and our clients’ business/industry.
- Takes initiative in building skills and knowledge.
- Continually seeks new ways to learn and improve.
- Cultivates and enhances collaborative working relationships with reporters, editors, bloggers and producers in relevant markets and industries.
- Consistently identifies and pursues opportunities for enhancing involvement and contributions to the client, account team and agency.
- 2-5 years of experience in the public relations field or journalism
- Degree in journalism, communication, public relations, political science and/or marketing
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including public speaking skills
- Strong leadership skills and experience
- Goal-oriented, highly organized and self-starter
- Proven experience in media relations planning, execution and measurement
- Experience working with senior leaders (executives, elected officials, etc.); media/message training capabilities preferred
- In-depth understanding of social media as it relates to public relations/marketing
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to Heather Houston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are someone who isn't afraid of the responsibililty and leadership opportunities you're about to get. You seek out opportunities and seize them.
You will be responsible for the execution and day-to-day administration of digital marketing, social marketing and advertising initiatives for several clients. You will be instrumental in the development and implementation of content and marketing initiatives, and also play a lead role in gathering and analyzing performance data.
Be prepared to be in direct contact with clients and nurture these relationships on a continual basis. A top priority will be to establish and maintain the confidence of our clients, as well as your internal colleagues.
- Plan, organize and manage day-to-day strategy, reporting and executional process while bringing a perspective to strategy development and the execution of digital and social creative and media plans
- Develop strong relationships with clients and maintain regular communication in order to anticipate client needs and keep the agency in a leadership position
- Work with internal teams on the planning, concepting, production and implementation of digital, social and marketing initiatives, including the development of digital and social strategic plans, budget allocation planning and management, audience research, project management of content production, and campaign effectiveness monitoring
- Track weekly and report weekly campaign performance, including web performance and digital media analytics, search performance, social platform performance, blogger editorial coverage, and online (sales) transactions
- Identify opportunities for initiatives that are innovative and have the potential to drive results
- Manage the preparation and presentation of weekly status meetings and monthly performance reporting to clients
- Partner with internal teams in the development of timelines, creative materials and digital assets required for campaign implementation
- Monitor production timetables and ensure each milestone is met and addressed, keeping clients and internal teams apprised of process and time lines
- Ensure all creative has passed through proper client approval and legal channels prior to implementation
- Create and maintain project budgets
- Identify and facilitate resolution of tagging issues in coordination with digital teams focused on site-side tracking, reporting and implementation
- Statistical analysis of digital and social media campaign metrics and KPI’s
- Monitor and report competitive actions and/or initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Marketing, Business or other related field
- 2+ years experience in Agency Account Management, with an emphasis on digital and social marketing
- Strong project management skills
- Hands-on experience in digital and social media, including content strategy and development
- Strong writing, presentation and client-facing communication skills (presentation samples may be requested)
- Good multi-tasking, networking, time management and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in analyzing Google Analytics and social platform performance data
- Good sense of humor
Please apply at the following link: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/394925876/
The Graphic Designer, under the direction of the Director, Marketing and Publications, plans, analyzes, and creates visual solutions to communications needs.
Assists with design of ads, marketing materials, promotional displays, and other publications.
Designs distinctive logos for the university.
Prepares sketches or layouts, by hand or with the aid of a computer, to illustrate their vision for the design.
Creates graphs and charts from data for use in publications.
Works with photographers to ensure quality images are taken and staged appropriately. Responsible for the interpretation of publications, branding, marketing and web policies for the department.
Assist with the development of marketing materials including copywriting.
Work collaboratively with university staff to ensure efficient delivery of services.
Assist in the preparation of training materials if necessary.
Other duties as assigned.
During declared campus emergencies, this position may be required to perform specific job related duties at a designated off campus location or place of residence.
A high school diploma and four years of experience directly related to the job functions. Directly related college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in a directly related area of specialization and two years of experience directly related to the job functions.
-Position requires extensive experience in graphic design and publishing using the latest in technology, hardware and software for both print and the web; Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign.
-Continually learn updated related technology as hardware, software applications and training become available to stay current with methods, resources and best practices of the publication industry.
-Knowledge of advanced desktop publishing, graphic design, photo-related scanning devices, photography, printers as well as a familiarity with processes, techniques and terminology of the digital pre-press and printing industry are required.
-Up-to-date knowledge of printing processes, techniques, terminology and specifications to work effectively with in-house or outside printing.
-Requires above average customer service attitude and willingness to work with the director, co-workers and campus clients.
-Reliable job attendance and punctuality.
For more information and to apply, click here.