Last year was a great year for PRSA as a whole, as well as for our local North Florida chapter. We are going into 2017 with about 350 of North Florida's best and brightest PR, communications, marketing and media professionals. Our Board of Directors is committed to providing each of you with the tools and knowledge to enhance your craft and progress your career.
Recently, PRSA released their three-year strategic plan, which I encourage all of our members to read. One of the aspects of PRSA's strategic plan that spoke to me is the section on "The Adaptive Professional." This section discusses how our job roles consist of much more than just public relations. We wear many hats that can include media relations, social media, marketing, communications, copy writing, event planning, crisis communications, advertising and more. Professionals who can grow and adapt to these many roles will be the most successful. The Board took this into consideration when planning out our programs and professional development for the year.
Our Board of Directors is also working on a three-year strategic plan to help move our chapter and our members forward as our industry grows and evolves. While we are building this strategic plan throughout 2017, I'm focusing our efforts on going Back to Basics to ensure we lay a solid foundation on which we build our future. This entails a focus on our programming and member relations. With that, I have a couple of exciting announcements.
Our meetings will now take place on the third Thursday of every month beginning at 4:15 p.m. Our January meeting will be at Maggiano's at the Town Center where you will hear from CSX and JAA leaders about preparing your team, the media and the community during a crisis.
Beginning in February, the rest of our meetings will take place at Intuition Ale Works downtown. Also starting in February, attendees of the meeting will get their first Intuition Ale Works brew on us! I'm very excited about this fun change and I hope all of our members enjoy our 2017 programming.
Finally, keep your eyes and ears open for more information about the 2017 Sunshine District conference which takes place June 23 - 26. The best part? We are on a cruise ship for the conference! When the ship is at sea, experts will share insights about best practices including how to develop video content on a shoestring budget and what lessons can be learned from Hurricane Matthew. Stay tuned for registration information coming very soon!
I'm excited to serve each of you as President this year! Please feel free to reach out to me at any time with questions, concerns, ideas or if you'd like to serve on our Board!
Strategic Marketing Manager, Brooks Rehabilitation
BRIEF JOB SUMMARY:
We are looking for an enthusiastic communications specialist to work within a 3-month contract to assist in our external and internal communications program that attracts and interacts with targeted virtual communities and networks users. Keystone’s communications specialist assists with the development and deployment of key initiatives across Keystone’s interactive marketing portfolio, including all brand websites, social marketing, email marketing and search marketing.
As a communications specialist, the best candidate for this position should have the education and skills to promote a positive public image in disseminating information on Keystone’s behalf. The communications specialist should have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content so that it is engaging on those channels. This person is responsible for joining relevant conversations on behalf of the brand and “soft selling” the product by providing support to current and prospective customers.
Phenomenal communication and copywriting skills make a strong communications specialist. Experience in corporate communications and project management are important qualities, too, as well as being enthusiastic and positive to help gain the trust of colleagues and external parties alike.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop effective corporate communication strategies
- Draft content (e.g. press releases) for mass media or company websites
- Participate in organizing internal communications initiatives, programs and events and help execute them
- Work with media and handle requests for interviews, statements, etc.
- Collaborate with media ad representatives to produce copy and art for advertisements or articles
- Collaborate with other departments to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions
- Works with third-party vendors and agencies on an as-needed basis, maintaining excellent working relationships and remaining cognizant of budget and timing parameters.
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video and/or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Set up and optimize company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Create editorial calendars
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- SUPERVISED BY: Director of Marketing & Communications
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, CRO and SEO
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Working knowledge of MS Office; photo and video-editing software is an asset
- Access to or ownership of a personal computer with the software and applications needed to perform all the requirements of the position (Word, Photoshop, Outlook, Acrobat Reader, PowerPoint, Excel, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer, at a minimum)
- Licensed to drive in the State of Florida; able and willing to drive a vehicle to multiple sites in north Florida and southeast Georgia
- Positive attitude, detail- and customer-oriented, with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Fluency in English
- BS/BA in Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media or Public Relations
- Proven working experience in communications and social media marketing, either paid or unpaid, as a paid employee, intern or volunteer
Must be able to:
- Accept constructive feedback
- Organize and manage time and manage multiple tasks
- Work independently and responsibly from an off-site location
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, including a thorough knowledge of AP-Style writing and guidelines
- Develop and maintain effective communications and working relationships with other employees, clients and their families as well as the general public, across all age groups
- Demonstrate professional behavior by adhering to organizational policies and procedures and assuming authority appropriately
- Maintain adequate personal grooming consistent with professional appearance
- Pursue education or training necessary to perform at the level of competence required to incorporate the hardware, software, technologies and ideas relevant to specific job responsibilities
- Must be able to assume a variety of postures (kneeling, squatting, crouching, sitting, standing, etc.) in the course of working with children with developmental disabilities and behavior problems
- Must be able to work in a highly stressful environment while maintaining a calm demeanor throughout daily interactions with patients, staff, parents, and visitors
- Must be able to receive detailed information through oral communication
- Must have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned
- Must be able to sit at a computer terminal for extended periods of time
- Must be able to travel to and from different locations and sites in the communities served by Keystone Behavioral Pediatrics
- Must have manual dexterity sufficient to perform various keyboard functions
- Must be physically present, as needed and necessary, at the assigned job sites
- Visit https://www.keystonebehavioral.com/apply-here/
- Complete the employment application.
- Email the completed application, along with a resume and cover letter, to email@example.com.
The Director of Marketing and Communications for OnPay Solutions will direct a growing team in the execution of marketing, communications, and publication activities to generate leads, nurture existing customers and support strategic partner relationships. The strong and independent individual will have a strong desire to drive new business initiatives and have a passion for creating marketing messages that generate action. They will work both strategically and in a hands-on way to lead ongoing marketing and communications activities.
Main tasks shall include but are not limited to:
Plan and coordinate a team in projects and activities.
Develop and produce related marketing, advertising, and communications pieces which support the strategic needs of prospects, existing clients and strategic partners.
Prepare agendas, budgets, and reports.
Oversee and manage related web and social media content.
Prepare, coordinate and plan distribution print and electronic materials created for the various client groups.
We are in a fast paced, quick response environment, where leadership and commitment is encouraged and rewarded. A high degree of independence while balancing collaboration with sales is required for this position. The employee must be project focused and be able to direct the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of projects
Bachelors or Master’s degree in marketing and/or communications.
5 years of Marketing Communications Management experience.
Demonstrated success growing SaaS or Financial Services businesses.
3 – 5 years of employee and project management experience.
Experience working in a marketing automation platform (such as Marketo, Salesfusion, Hubspot, Pardot, etc.).
Experience with organizing and hosting virtual and special events.
Experience speaking professionally in a public environment.
SUPERIOR writing skills.
Experience testing ideas, messaging to determine best results Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications required.
Requirement : Director-Level employees are required to sign and acknowledge a confidentiality/non-disclosure agreement and a non-compete agreement.
Job Type: Full-time. Exempt
Salary Range: Based on qualifications/experience
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to Recruiting@onpaysolutions.com