Last year was a great year for PRSA as a whole, as well as for our local North Florida chapter. We are going into 2017 with about 350 of North Florida's best and brightest PR, communications, marketing and media professionals. Our Board of Directors is committed to providing each of you with the tools and knowledge to enhance your craft and progress your career.
Recently, PRSA released their three-year strategic plan, which I encourage all of our members to read. One of the aspects of PRSA's strategic plan that spoke to me is the section on "The Adaptive Professional." This section discusses how our job roles consist of much more than just public relations. We wear many hats that can include media relations, social media, marketing, communications, copy writing, event planning, crisis communications, advertising and more. Professionals who can grow and adapt to these many roles will be the most successful. The Board took this into consideration when planning out our programs and professional development for the year.
Our Board of Directors is also working on a three-year strategic plan to help move our chapter and our members forward as our industry grows and evolves. While we are building this strategic plan throughout 2017, I'm focusing our efforts on going Back to Basics to ensure we lay a solid foundation on which we build our future. This entails a focus on our programming and member relations. With that, I have a couple of exciting announcements.
Our meetings will now take place on the third Thursday of every month beginning at 4:15 p.m. Our January meeting will be at Maggiano's at the Town Center where you will hear from CSX and JAA leaders about preparing your team, the media and the community during a crisis.
Beginning in February, the rest of our meetings will take place at Intuition Ale Works downtown. Also starting in February, attendees of the meeting will get their first Intuition Ale Works brew on us! I'm very excited about this fun change and I hope all of our members enjoy our 2017 programming.
Finally, keep your eyes and ears open for more information about the 2017 Sunshine District conference which takes place June 23 - 26. The best part? We are on a cruise ship for the conference! When the ship is at sea, experts will share insights about best practices including how to develop video content on a shoestring budget and what lessons can be learned from Hurricane Matthew. Stay tuned for registration information coming very soon!
I'm excited to serve each of you as President this year! Please feel free to reach out to me at any time with questions, concerns, ideas or if you'd like to serve on our Board!
Strategic Marketing Manager, Brooks Rehabilitation
Large, established church in Jacksonville, FL, is seeking a full-time director of communications and membership. The director will serve as an expert partner with the church’s leadership to provide counsel and deliver the strategies and tactics necessary to create innovative and dynamic marketing materials for publication and distribution. More specifically, the director will develop communications – both targeted and comprehensive – to inform, engage and inspire church members, guests and potential new members in the surrounding community. The director will also be responsible for completing a website redesign and continued maintenance of and updates to the website, along with managing an active social media presence. Ultimately, the director will serve as a communications strategist and counselor. The director will also manage the church membership database and provide guidance on the maintenance and conversion of member data to an updated web-based platform.
Qualified candidates should hold a Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university and have four-plus years of experience as a proven communications professional and strategist. Candidates should also have a demonstrated capacity for teamwork and cross-functional cooperation, a sense of urgency in the execution of projects and the ability to maintain confidentiality with all donor giving and church pledging information.
Full-time position plus a full range of insurance and retirement benefits. Discounts are also available for employee children at the Day School, located on the church’s campus.
Qualified applicants should email a cover letter, salary requirement and resume, by March 24 to: Personnel Committee at Ecobbh@comcast.net.
EXPECTATION FOR ALL EMPLOYEES:
Support the mission, vision and values of United Way of North Central Florida (UWNCFL). When appropriate, participate in various after hours and weekend activities that benefit UWNCFL and the community. Due to the leadership role UWNCFL is called upon to play in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all UWNCFL staff will be fully engaged in the organization’s crisis plan and response efforts.
This position supports and works at the direction of the Senior Manager of Communications,
providing enhanced marketing, communications, event logistics and social media to UWNCFL and its key divisions of Impact, Development, and Education. The Communications Specialist will place major emphasis on maintaining and monitoring the agency’s communications arsenal as well as providing logistical support for the organization across all areas of communications, marketing and social media.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Social Media: Update social media platforms currently used by the organization (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.); Develop campaigns for special days such as Giving Tuesday and The Amazing Give; Work with Development to arrange Small Business Spotlights for social media.
• Website Management: Manage website updates, keeping all information current and accessible; write content and compile digital photos for use on website
• Agency Newsletters: Assist in the creation, editing and publication of agency’s newsletters
including electronic communications currently utilized by the organization; manage newsletter production process, communicating with key vendors to coordinate the mailing of and electronic posting of e-newsletter on website; E-newsletters through Constant Contact; maintain an up-to-date list with the assistance of Database Manager which includes posting link to e-newsletter on website
• Media/Messaging: Assist in the logistics of all earned media opportunities, including writing, editing and publishing press releases to media contacts after the approval of CEO has been received.
• Events: Manage and coordinate event logistics for key donor events throughout the year, including the planning, execution and “day of” needs per event (i.e. A/V, vendor requests, floor plan, decoration, etc.); create, distribute and review event plan with staff; manage all Development campaign-related events, Affinity Group events, and Community Impact Initiatives events; create invitations and coordinate mailing process or Eventbrite invites for all areas of Development and CI.
• Workplace Campaign: Prepare and order materials for campaign. Work with agency vendors to create campaign video and distribution
• Marketing Materials: Manage logistics and purchasing of marketing materials to include
ordering, design, proofing and manage mailings; assist in creation of sponsorship materials; create and monitor Facebook and Google adds, flyers, digital images, billboard, PSA’s and any other marketing collateral
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree or a minimum of two years
related industry experience and/or externships, broad exposure to electronic communications, working with social media and or/equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience Requirements: At least two to three years of experience in marketing or communications at a nonprofit organization is preferred, but not required
• Accountability – We act with integrity and maintain the highest standards of ethics and accountability.
• Leadership – We provide leadership for community building.
• Inclusiveness – We respect the dignity, uniqueness and worth of all individuals and value the diversity of the community we serve.
• Volunteerism – We promote a “spirit of volunteerism” and volunteer leadership.
• Excellence – We provide the highest quality in all we do.
Proficient user of Internet Explorer, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Social Media platforms to know include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and organizational website.
Knowledge of Adobe Suite (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) desired.
Knowledge/Skills: Strong oral and written communication skills, customer relations
skills, creative problem-solving skills, good judgment. Strong organizational and group leadership skills. Ability to write content for publication across agencies that confirm to prescribed style and format.
Internal: Communicate with all levels of the organization to exchange information and collect information, coordinate projects, and solve problems. External: Communicate with volunteers, leaders, corporate partners, community media, trade associates, vendors, other United Ways, UWW and the general public, to exchange and collect information. Relationships must be handled in a positive manner to project a positive image of UWNCFL.
Working Conditions: Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Interested parties should send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Title: Marketing - Internal Communications Specialist
Effective Date: Immediate
Reports to: Corp. Marketing Communications Manager
Direct Reports: Interns
About Advanced Disposal:
Advanced Disposal brings fresh ideas and solutions to the business of a clean environment. As the fourth largest solid waste company in the U.S., we provide integrated, non-hazardous solid waste collection, recycling and disposal services to residential, commercial, industrial and construction customers across 16 states and the Bahamas. Our team is dedicated to finding effective, sustainable solutions to preserve the environment for future generations.
Advanced Disposal is seeking a smart, responsive, resourceful, problem solver and superior communicator that positions Advanced Disposal as one of the leading solid waste companies in the United Stated. The select candidate will provide team members with meaningful and accurate internal communications including collateral, events, and support to reach our vision to be THE industry leader in customer loyalty and employee engagement.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Project Management Responsibilities
- Newsletters: Managing editor role including project management and copywriting (monthly and quarterly versions) – collecting all assets, drafting copy, submitting to our agency, providing creative guidance, reviewing proofs as well as approvals.
- Print Collateral and Electronic Media: Developing creative briefs, providing creative guidance and oversight to our agency for ongoing print and electronic projects for multiple departments and various communication vehicles.
- Merchandising: Research promotional ideas, gather information needed, specifications required, presentation development of information, placing orders and distributing merchandising items to our operating footprint.
- HR Programs: Providing support for internal HR employee recognition programs including but not limited to; employees of the month/year, anniversary pins, certifications and retirement.
- Website/Intranet/Social Media Updating/Online Media Kit: As well as back up support for our social media channels.
- Market Research: Research industry/business and community opportunities (both solid waste specific and general community demographics) in existing and new market areas, which may require travel.
- Local, Regional and National Trade Shows: Plan and support local and field trade shows. In person attendance for set up, execution and break down may be required at times, pending scope of show and available personnel.
- Company & General Event Support: At the direction of the management, plan and coordinate internal events including annual employee of the year celebration and managers’ meeting event held annually in Orlando, Fla. It may also include fundraising events.
- Bid/Proposal Writing Support: Researching, editing, packaging and presentation support to bid proposal manager and municipal marketing team, if needed.
- Sales Support: Development, refinement and project management of tools utilized by the operations, sales and customer care teams.
- Video Filming: Utilizing in-house video and lighting equipment, film, download/upload to our agency/video producer and/or edit (pending experience) of various needed segments including the monthly Curbside Chat with Richard and other specialized video needs. Filming and creative direction support also provided by marketing communications management.
- Administrative Support: General organization, marketing cube inventory, invoice review, reconciliation and processing and as needed support to marketing communications management.
- Other: Perform additional tasks that may be identified during the course of employment as necessary to the success of positively marketing Advanced Disposal.
- Draft and edit company-wide correspondence that could be emailed and/or included in various announcements, releases and/or executive communications.
- Process invoices for department via PeopleSoft and set up vendors.
- Maintain and update Home/Marketing/Sales pages of the Advanced Disposal Intranet @Adi.
- Maintain company databases and core documents, which includes working in Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft Sharepoint platforms among other CRM products
- Manage, evaluate and present sponsorship program opportunities the corporate office is presented with to senior and executive management.
- Collect, organize and track charitable donation database.
- Support main corporate phone line/PBX for overflow calls and routing on an as-needed basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong work ethic, detail-oriented, organized and self-starter.
- Excellent communicator that is responsive and a creative thinker.
- Superior writing, editing and verbal skills.
- Digital/Social Media: Google Analytics, Microsoft CRM, Click Dimensions, Linked-In, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Slide Share, Cision, etc.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Research-oriented with strong analytical skills is preferred.
- Experience with wire services is a plus.
- Education: Four year degree from college or university, marketing communications preferred.
- Years of Experience: 5-8 years of related experience.
- Medium to large company corporate experience is preferred.
- Public company experience is preferred.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE USED:
- Usual office equipment including computer, phone, calculator and networked scanner/copier.
- MS Office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop) experience is preferred, but not required.
- Trade show portable booths and pop-up banners.
- Laminating machine.
- DSLR camera and tripod.
- Lightweight video recording equipment including LED lighting, HD camera etc.
- Usual office environment.
- Hours: 8am-5pm Monday-Friday. Occasional morning, evening and weekend events.
- May require travel to area businesses, multiple sites including transfer stations and/or landfills.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management.
- Ability to use a computer and related devices, such as a keyboard or mouse or other related equipment, throughout the workday while seated at a desk or workstation.
- Possess speaking skills and hearing ability to interact with customers on the telephone.
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status
Mission: A trusted advisor to staff and clients
Vision: Leading our public relations firm and its client counsel, strategies and solutions to the next level
At least 10 years of PR experience with medium and large brands.
Learn more and apply online at www.axiacareers.com.
Mission: Build trusting relationships with sales qualified leads to convert them into new clients
Vision: Attracting target clients to our PR firm
Learn more and apply online at www.axiacareers.com.
Axia Public Relations, a public relations firm serving medium and large corporations nationwide, is seeking public relations, media relations, social media and inbound marketing interns for our highly competitive, challenging and rewarding quarterly internship program.
Learn more and apply online at www.axiacareers.com.
Grand Opening of Volcano Bay at Universal Orlando Resort
Curley & Pynn Public Relations is looking for entry-level (up to two years of experience) PR practitioners to dive into and assist with the grand opening of Universal Orlando’s newest theme park – Volcano Bay. This short-term project will require a commitment of approximately 80 to 120 hours over the weeks of May 14 & May 21, 2017 and will provide significant event and media relations experience and serve as a great resume builder.
Work during the week of May 14 can be done from the comfort of your home. During the week of May 21, we will need on-site support in Orlando and will provide hotel from Sunday, May 21 through Friday, May 26 for our contractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or relevant work/internship experience (required)
- Team-player mentality and ability to work in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Some media relations experience preferred
Contact Heather Keroes, APR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dalton Agency is currently looking for an Account Executive to join our growing Public Relations team. In this role, candidates will be responsible the creation and implementation of public/media relations initiatives. To be successful, candidates must be able to analyze client situations and apply strategic communications strategies and tactics to meet challenges.
This individual must understand how to develop plans, craft messages, counsel clients and implement campaigns in a fast-pace, ever-changing environment. Ideal candidates are those that thrive in crisis situations, love the media and current events, work well in a team environment, overcome challenges, build relationships easily and are creative thinkers.
Below is a list of the areas of responsibilities as well as key attributes for the ideal candidate for this position:
- Performs day-to-day account work which may include: drafting a wide range of written materials, providing direction and updates to the internal team, coordinating events, maintaining client and media relationships, managing projects performed with and by others, and supervising more junior staff.
- Demonstrates ability to conceptualize program strategies, elements and implementation tactics.
- Interfaces with client contacts and others in a professional, positive and appropriate manner and has their respect/confidence.
- Skilled writer with the ability to compose and edit all press materials, messages, articles, memos, etc. papers for internal and external use.
- Balances work load and tasks, communicating effectively with team members to reliably implement assignments on budget and on deadline.
- Must have experience measuring and communicating results of public relations efforts.
- Operates with a high degree of independence, but knows when to rely on own judgment and when to seek advice, ideas and counsel of supervisor and other team members.
- Recommends solutions when problems arise and assists peers in problem solving.
- Uses talents of colleagues in own problem solving.
- Proactively seeks and shares information with colleagues and clients that is relevant to our industry and our clients’ business/industry.
- Takes initiative in building skills and knowledge.
- Continually seeks new ways to learn and improve.
- Cultivates and enhances collaborative working relationships with reporters, editors, bloggers and producers in relevant markets and industries.
- Consistently identifies and pursues opportunities for enhancing involvement and contributions to the client, account team and agency.
- 2-5 years of experience in the public relations field or journalism
- Degree in journalism, communication, public relations, political science and/or marketing
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including public speaking skills
- Strong leadership skills and experience
- Goal-oriented, highly organized and self-starter
- Proven experience in media relations planning, execution and measurement
- Experience working with senior leaders (executives, elected officials, etc.); media/message training capabilities preferred
- In-depth understanding of social media as it relates to public relations/marketing
To apply, email Kassi Belz at email@example.com.