April is a busy month for our PRSA chapter. We’ve got a great program lined up about Navigating in the Non-profit World on April 20 and the registration deadline for this year’s Sunshine District Conference is Saturday, April 8.
Sunshine District Conference will be held June 23 through June 26. Make sure you don’t miss the boat on this EPIC conference…because we’re literally going to be on a boat.
The North Florida chapter is hosting this year’s conference and we didn’t want to do the same, boring old hotel-based conference. Instead, we’ll spend three glorious days at sea mixing professional development with pleasure cruising on the Royal Caribbean’s Majesty of the Seas.
But the registration deadline is looming. The stateroom block being held for our conference is being released to the public for bookings after our registration deadline of Saturday, April 8. We have promised to try to accommodate your registrations after the deadline at prevailing non-conference rates. But the cruise will likely sell out when our room block is released to the public.
Check out the conference website and click REGISTER to book your room.
We look forward to seeing you at this month’s meeting and can’t wait to see you on the open seas, where #shiphappens.
Department: Public Relations and Public Affairs
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
As a member of the Public Relations and Public Affairs staff, the Account Executive is responsible for leading the creation and implementation of public relations initiatives. The Account Executive demonstrates proficiency in the skills needed to be a leading member of the team including writing, researching, reporting, idea generation and pitching. Employees at this level perform job responsibilities with little direction on day-to-day tasks. Account Executives serve as primary point of contact with clients or assist senior team members (dependent on account size and structure) in managing relationships and outreach to media outlets.
The Account Executive is expected to perform a variety of duties for multiple clients, including but not limited to:
- Consistently generate media coverage that achieves client goals
- Build and maintain relationships with reporters in relevant markets and industries
- Lead planning and execution of client events including press conferences, community meeting, FAM tours and more. (Includes preparing speaker, developing advisories/releases, coordinating logistics, pitching media, etc.)
- Produce compelling documents and communication that requires minimal editing
- Proactively identify client solutions
- Serve as Agency champion through identification of new business prospects and opportunities for cross departmental integration
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Creative, results-oriented, driven professional who works well independently or in a team
- Demonstrates high-level writing and public relations skills
- Consistently meets deadlines and produces results
- Demonstrates ability to efficiently manage workloads
- Demonstrates interest in clients, accounts and agency
- Three to five years experience public relations, public affairs or related field
- Bachelors Degree in public relations, journalism or a related field
REQUIREMENTS FOR PROMOTION
- Demonstrates ability to solve client problems
- Utilizes relationships with media to generate consistent media coverage for clients
- Proactively presents ideas and initiates strategic and planning discussions
- Acts as trusted client advisor, understands client cultures and effectively lead clients to decision
- Identifies suggestions for business growth and new business
- Displays high-level, out of the box thinking
To apply, email Heather Houston at firstname.lastname@example.org.