April is a busy month for our PRSA chapter. We’ve got a great program lined up about Navigating in the Non-profit World on April 20 and the registration deadline for this year’s Sunshine District Conference is Saturday, April 8.
Sunshine District Conference will be held June 23 through June 26. Make sure you don’t miss the boat on this EPIC conference…because we’re literally going to be on a boat.
The North Florida chapter is hosting this year’s conference and we didn’t want to do the same, boring old hotel-based conference. Instead, we’ll spend three glorious days at sea mixing professional development with pleasure cruising on the Royal Caribbean’s Majesty of the Seas.
But the registration deadline is looming. The stateroom block being held for our conference is being released to the public for bookings after our registration deadline of Saturday, April 8. We have promised to try to accommodate your registrations after the deadline at prevailing non-conference rates. But the cruise will likely sell out when our room block is released to the public.
Check out the conference website and click REGISTER to book your room.
We look forward to seeing you at this month’s meeting and can’t wait to see you on the open seas, where #shiphappens.
Worldcom Public Relations Group is a global partnership of the leading independent public relations agencies across the world. The organization promotes and facilitates collaboration and knowledge sharing among agencies at annual meetings and throughout the year. Worldcom has four regional boards (Asia Pacific, Americas, EMEA, and Latin America) plus a global board as well as practice groups and various committees that this position helps support in organizing calls/meetings and keeping and circulating notes.
The Administrative/Communications Manager assists the Managing Director supports all facets of planning and partner services including meeting planning, partner communications, organization of board meetings, webinars, maintenance of intranet and files, billing and finance, notes and record keeping, etc.
Position requires minimum of 5 years’ experience in public relations, communications or related field, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, quick comprehension and note taking with fast turnaround. This individual should be poised, professional and articulate with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Position demands strong use or adaptation of computer programs, technology and tools including QuickBooks, Excel, Emma (newsletter development), meeting planning and registration tool (Cvent), GoToMeeting and Webinar, and coordination of international calls.
Position will provide opportunities for occasional international travel. Current passport required. Working knowledge of multiple languages a plus. While the position is highly interactive with members and the managing director, self-discipline and ability to work independently are premium as this is a full-time, work from home opportunity.
Email Todd lynch email@example.com to submit your resume for consideration.
About Worldcom Public Relations Group
Worldcom Public Relations Group utilizes a trusted global partnership of independent firms to help clients create the perfect solution to any PR challenge or opportunity, regardless of geography, industry or discipline required. Worldcom’s independently owned public relations firms boast 132 offices in 113 cities on six continents, 2,000+ total employees, and combined revenues of more than $273 million in 2016. The average tenure of Worldcom partners is 13 years. Whether seeking a single firm or creating the ideal solution/team through a collaboration of Worldcom partners, brands have access to seasoned professionals dedicated to providing creative, strategic solutions that deliver results. Our firms are accustomed to working together and provide agility, strong media and local influencer relationships, deep industry and discipline experience and the knowledge and willingness to provide thoughtful, objective, results-driven counsel. Learn more about Worldcom at www.worldcomgroup.com or call Todd Lynch at 1-800-955-9675.
Clockwork Marketing is seeking an experienced Public Relations Account Executive for a variety of clients. 3+ years of public relations experience required. PR Account Executive is responsible for the day-today management and oversight of multiple clients. Duties include development and implementation of PR strategies and programs, creating media pitch topics, developing media relationships, review and documentation of media coverage. Position requires writing press releases, media advisories and feature articles. Candidate must work well with internal teams and demonstrate leadership. Competitive salary (based on experience), medical benefits, and PTO.
Please send resumes to Maxine McBride at Maxine@ClockworkMarketing.com
Quest Corporation of America is a full-service marketing agency providing communications services and creative design for federal and state agencies and municipalities and large construction and engineering firms. Currently we are searching for West Central and Southwest Florida Communications Managers / Construction Public Information Managers to serve throughout the Florida Department of Transportation, District One. An immediate need is to fill a position with the FDOT Heartland Operations Centers for Sebring, Arcadia, LaBelle areas in Highlands, Desoto and Glades counties. If interested, please contact Elisa DiGrazia at Elisa.DiGrazia@qcausa.com.
The Coordinator Marketing Publications will proactively provide support to University Development and Alumni Engagement (UDAE) at the University of North Florida. The Coordinator will provide project management support on a variety of marketing and communication projects, including, but not limited to, web strategies, e-communication strategies, video projects, social media strategies, and a myriad of design/print projects for UDAE. The Coordinator will support marketing and communications activities across the team including fundraising collateral, publications, event communications, and any necessary vendor coordination.
The Coordinator contributes to the success and stature of UDAE by providing coordination and consistent communication to donors, alumni, and other external constituencies. The Coordinator must be able to prioritize his/her work, be a strong writer/editor, and be keenly organized to manage multiple tasks. While the Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Alumni Engagement, the responsibilities of the Coordinator Marketing Publications are broad and will have regular interaction with the Director of Annual Giving, the Director of Donor Engagement and Stewardship, and senior UDAE staff.
• Coordinates with UDAE Staff as needed to assist with activities that will cultivate and engage key constituents for annual and major gifts.
• Collaborates with Public Relations staff to increase web, e-communications, and social media strategies to foster engagement.
• Develops marketing materials for donor and alumni engagement.
• Provides oversight to web and social media strategies for UDAE.
• Provides strategic guidance in optimizing UDAE’s use of constituent engagement programs and crowdfunding platforms.
• Develops metrics with a reporting plan to ensure UDAE’s communication initiatives are providing a measurable ROI.
• Creates a story/news warehouse to promote engagement and philanthropy as well as promoting student/faculty accomplishments.
• Collaborates with other campus departments as necessary in programs involving donors and alumni such as, but not limited to: Annual Giving, Parent and Family Programming, Academic Colleges, Non-Academic Units, etc.
• Works as a team member to support the overall mission of the University Development and Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving Team.
• Participates in appropriate professional organizations and professional development opportunities.
• Other such general and specific duties as may be assigned, consistent with the University Development and Alumni Engagement and University of North Florida’s goals, objectives and interests.
Learn more and apply at https://www.unfjobs.org/postings/3799.
Dalton Agency is currently looking for a Junior Account Executive to join our growing Public Relations team. In this role, candidates will be responsible the creation and implementation of public/media relations initiatives. To be successful, candidates must be able to analyze client situations and apply strategic communications strategies and tactics to meet challenges.
This individual must understand how to develop plans, craft messages, counsel clients and implement campaigns in a fast-pace, ever-changing environment. Ideal candidates are those that thrive in crisis situations, love the media and current events, work well in a team environment, overcome challenges, build relationships easily and are creative thinkers.
Below is a list of the areas of responsibilities as well as key attributes for the ideal candidate for this position:
- Performs day-to-day account work which may include: drafting a wide range of written materials, providing direction and updates to the internal team, coordinating events, maintaining client and media relationships, managing projects performed with and by others, and supervising more junior staff.
- Demonstrates ability to conceptualize program strategies, elements and implementation tactics.
- Interfaces with client contacts and others in a professional, positive and appropriate manner and has their respect/confidence.
- Skilled writer with the ability to compose and edit all press materials, messages, articles, memos, etc. papers for internal and external use.
- Balances work load and tasks, communicating effectively with team members to reliably implement assignments on budget and on deadline.
- Must have experience measuring and communicating results of public relations efforts.
- Operates with a high degree of independence, but knows when to rely on own judgment and when to seek advice, ideas and counsel of supervisor and other team members.
- Recommends solutions when problems arise and assists peers in problem solving.
- Uses talents of colleagues in own problem solving.
- Proactively seeks and shares information with colleagues and clients that is relevant to our industry and our clients’ business/industry.
- Takes initiative in building skills and knowledge.
- Continually seeks new ways to learn and improve.
- Cultivates and enhances collaborative working relationships with reporters, editors, bloggers and producers in relevant markets and industries.
- Consistently identifies and pursues opportunities for enhancing involvement and contributions to the client, account team and agency.
- 2-5 years of experience in the public relations field or journalism
- Degree in journalism, communication, public relations, political science and/or marketing
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including public speaking skills
- Strong leadership skills and experience
- Goal-oriented, highly organized and self-starter
- Proven experience in media relations planning, execution and measurement
- Experience working with senior leaders (executives, elected officials, etc.); media/message training capabilities preferred
- In-depth understanding of social media as it relates to public relations/marketing
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to Heather Houston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are someone who isn't afraid of the responsibililty and leadership opportunities you're about to get. You seek out opportunities and seize them.
You will be responsible for the execution and day-to-day administration of digital marketing, social marketing and advertising initiatives for several clients. You will be instrumental in the development and implementation of content and marketing initiatives, and also play a lead role in gathering and analyzing performance data.
Be prepared to be in direct contact with clients and nurture these relationships on a continual basis. A top priority will be to establish and maintain the confidence of our clients, as well as your internal colleagues.
- Plan, organize and manage day-to-day strategy, reporting and executional process while bringing a perspective to strategy development and the execution of digital and social creative and media plans
- Develop strong relationships with clients and maintain regular communication in order to anticipate client needs and keep the agency in a leadership position
- Work with internal teams on the planning, concepting, production and implementation of digital, social and marketing initiatives, including the development of digital and social strategic plans, budget allocation planning and management, audience research, project management of content production, and campaign effectiveness monitoring
- Track weekly and report weekly campaign performance, including web performance and digital media analytics, search performance, social platform performance, blogger editorial coverage, and online (sales) transactions
- Identify opportunities for initiatives that are innovative and have the potential to drive results
- Manage the preparation and presentation of weekly status meetings and monthly performance reporting to clients
- Partner with internal teams in the development of timelines, creative materials and digital assets required for campaign implementation
- Monitor production timetables and ensure each milestone is met and addressed, keeping clients and internal teams apprised of process and time lines
- Ensure all creative has passed through proper client approval and legal channels prior to implementation
- Create and maintain project budgets
- Identify and facilitate resolution of tagging issues in coordination with digital teams focused on site-side tracking, reporting and implementation
- Statistical analysis of digital and social media campaign metrics and KPI’s
- Monitor and report competitive actions and/or initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Marketing, Business or other related field
- 2+ years experience in Agency Account Management, with an emphasis on digital and social marketing
- Strong project management skills
- Hands-on experience in digital and social media, including content strategy and development
- Strong writing, presentation and client-facing communication skills (presentation samples may be requested)
- Good multi-tasking, networking, time management and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in analyzing Google Analytics and social platform performance data
- Good sense of humor
Please apply at the following link: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/394925876/