Dear NFPRSA family,
My name is Lauren Venoy, APR, and I am proud to serve as your 2021 North Florida chapter president of PRSA. I hope you had a wonderful time celebrating the holidays after a relentless and challenging 2020. I spent a lot of time reflecting on what has been the most storied year of my generation's lifetime. If anything, 2020 taught me the importance of gratitude and getting back to basics: embracing the blessings of mental and physical health, the power of valued relationships and the criticalness of personal accountability. It also gave me a lot of time to think about each one of you, and how I may help drive value for you as North Florida PRSA chapter members as we navigate the new year. I have two goals - to ensure you know your membership is valued, and to ensure we drive value for your investment in our chapter.
Over the next year, our chapter will be focused on getting back to the basics. Our board of directors are focused on providing you:
- Convenient programming and flexible delivery options to provide you with tools you can implement in your careers that will help you deliver results;
- Opportunities to help you cultivate relationships with communications peers in our region so we can navigate challenges and deliver best-in-class communications strategies for our industries and communities together; and
- Professional development to help you unlock new ways of thinking about your work, and/or pivot and chart a new course in your career.
Your voice is important to me. To help our strategic planning and to best meet your expectations >>> please complete this short membership survey.
A few important reminders and updates to keep on your radar:
- Save the date from noon to 1 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 28 as we welcome Jennifer Hudson, APR, founder of ThinkBeyond Communications for her program as she shares her passion and her lessons learned helping clients use powerful and effective strategic communications to strengthen their brand and grow in ways they may have never imagined. Jennifer Prior to launching ThinkBeyond, Jennifer served as vice president of communications for the southeast USA, Latin America and the Caribbean at British Airways, where she oversaw all external and internal communications in 18 markets. She managed global public relations for Sabre, a travel technology firm and founder of Travelocity, helping the company establish its new brand following an initial public offering and split from American Airlines. Click here to register for this FREE program!
- Speaking of strategy, now is the time to start thinking about PRSA Silver and Bronze Anvil award submissions.
- Silver Anvil Awards honor strategic public relations programs which help answer challenging issues with professional skill, creativity and resourcefulness (click here to learn more). Ideas may include Coronavirus campaigns or campaigns constructed to answer social justice issues.
- Early deadline is Feb. 12
- Final deadline is Feb. 26
- Bronze Anvil Awards honor best-in-class tactical implementation (click here to learn more). Ideas include corporate social responsibility reports, and other best-in-class communications tactics such as newsletters, infographics, videos and more.
- Early deadline is March 12
- Final deadline is March 26
- Contemplating a change in your career? Make sure to check our North Florida PRSA job bank as it is updated regularly.
I look forward to seeing you at our January program, and in the meantime please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.
Wishing you a fruitful 2021, and I look forward to serving you in the next year.
Lauren L. Venoy, M.S. IMC, APR
2021 NFPRSA President