AP - Coronavirus Topical Guide: http://www.apstylebook.com/topical_most_recent
AP Stylebook tips on the coronavirus: https://www.poynter.org/reporting-editing/2020/ap-stylebook-tips-on-the-coronavirus/
Michael Smart PR – How COVID-era PR Pros are Finding Success – Free recorded webinar: https://michaelsmartpr.com/pr-pros-succeeding-in-covid-era/?utm_campaign=oo&utm_source=mspr&utm_medium=email&utm_content=sgn&utm_term=e20200604
Diversity Style Guide: https://www.diversitystyleguide.com/
“Responding to Racial Injustice with Change and Healing” – PRSA Webinar: Click here for playback. Please be sure to be logged into your PRSA account to access.
- "U.S. Businesses Must Take Meaningful Action Against Racism" (Harvard Business Review)
- "Talking about Race" series (National Museum of African American History & Culture)
- "Unconscious Bias: How It Affects Us More Than We Know" (Forbes)
- A Conversation on Race video series (NY times)
- How Studying Privilege Systems Can Strengthen Compassion (Peggy McIntosh at TEDxTimberlaneSchools)
- Biased: Uncovering the Hidden Prejudice That Shapes What We See, Think, and Do (by Jennifer L. Eberhardt Ph.D.)
- So You Want to Talk About Race (by Ijeoma Oluo)
Managing Virtual Teams, Marla Albertie, M.Ed.
Check out these jobs on the First Coast!
The Senior Director, State & Regional Communications supports our company's hyperlocal strategy, provides functional oversight to Local Presence Team communicators, and ensures integrated execution of GuideWell/Florida Blue communications strategies in the markets and communities we serve. In addition, he/she ensures that local strategies, activities and stories are leveraged at the state and corporate levels in ways that enhance our reputation and support key business objectives.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Serves as a key member of the Enterprise Communications Leadership Team
• Serves as key link between Enterprise communications strategies and in-market customization and activation. Collaborates closely with Corporate and Business Communications to ensure seamless execution and maximum impact
• Leads, mentors and develops a team of talented communications professionals/generalists who serve on Local Presence Leadership teams and have a dotted line reporting relationship to the Market Presidents
• Develops and cultivates relationships with key state level coalitions, media outlets and opinion leaders
• Develop plan and mechanisms to engage with influencers and media across Florida and in each market
• Proactively develop and distribute stories that support the GuideWell/Florida Blue narrative in local markets
• Drive new approaches to deliver communications in more creative, efficient, and effective ways by challenging current processes and recommending new approaches
• Proactively pitches stories to the media about company achievements
• Responsible for directing day-to day strategy and execution of the integrated communication plan for the regions
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• 10+ years' related work experience
• Broad-based communications experience in a corporate setting, including media relations
• 5+ years' direct supervisory/management experience
• Familiarity with Florida market and cultural dynamics, and experience in health care
• Experience cultivating relationships inside and outside of the organization working with content partners on a regular basis
• Fluency in current communication and social media trends, looking forward to developing emerging channels
• Excellent communication, collaboration, presentation and organizational skills including the ability to inspire team members
• Experience influencing business partners and facilitate collaboration and alignment between business and corporate objectives
• Strong partnering/collaboration skills
• Excellent writing, editing and presentation skills, with a strong business acumen
• Experience working with media, key opinion leaders, consumers and other stakeholders
• Social media fluency and digital acumen
• Master's degree
• Health insurance experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
Are you a seasoned healthcare marketing & communications professional? We are looking for YOU!
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Director, Marketing & Communications with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to lead business-driven and results-focused campaigns while collaborating with market leadership and the marketing & communications function to leverage planning, policies & procedures for implementation.
- Serves as Marketing and Communications director of local brand and business category for the organization, leading consumer engagement and retention, consumer experience, internal communications and engagement, and growth and business development for the market and service area.
- Responsible for project management, implementation and deadline-driven delivery of all marketing and communications activity in the market.
- Works closely with market leadership including Market Executive, Strategy, Finance Operations, and Ascension Medical Group leaders to understand competitive environment, business targets, growth drivers, opportunities and rapid response.
- Contributes to and is accountable for operational planning, coordination and decision-making.
- Contributes to product and service innovation, differentiation, design and positioning efforts.
- Oversees ongoing talent development and team management of the Florida-based associates on the Marketing and Communications team.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Degree within Marketing and/or Communications is preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of leadership experience with strategic decision making and project management responsibilities, including marketing and/or communications experience is strongly preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.