Dear NFPRSA family:
Today we celebrate the beginning of Black History Month, a month in which we honor the immense contributions and achievements of Black Americans who have shaped our nation’s rich history. Over the past year, we have witnessed there is still so much more work we need to do as a country to achieve true equality. Together, I hope you will join me in helping build a brighter future that extends the original promise of our country to all Americans. But how can we continue to drive positive change?
As communications professionals, our voice is critical in bringing about change within our organizations. We need to have confidence and transparency in speaking to our leadership teams and pushing forward conversations among our employees about current events and social matters. We are in a critical moment as human beings to stand up and speak up on injustice. We must continue to listen, learn and contribute to the ongoing fight for freedom and equity for all Americans.
As we take a moment to pause this month and acknowledge the lessons of prolific leaders, I urge you to continue listening and most of all to keep learning for your own leadership journey. We all have a role to play in the fight for equality. Consider checking out these pre-recorded webinars to learn how we as communicators can continue to advocate for change, and promote values of diversity, equity and inclusion:
- PRSA: “Brands Taking A Stand Against Social Injustices – When Staying Silent Is No Longer an Option.” (Click here to view).
- Institute for Public Relations & PRSA’s Education Academy: “Race in the PR Classroom.” (click here to view).
View all upcoming PRSA diversity, equity and inclusion training opportunities by clicking here.
Speaking of learning…We have great programs on the horizon, and we look forward to hosting you soon for virtual learning, networking and engagement. Mark your calendar for:
- Thursday, Feb. 25 (all day): Virtual Agency Tour for Students and New Professionals. We will be making virtual stops at North Florida's premier PR agencies and media outlets in Jacksonville, Gainesville and Tallahassee where you can learn more about potential career paths, internships and gain valuable, virtual face time with the industry's elite.
- Noon to 1 p.m., Thursday, March 3: “Successfully Steering Leaders Through Change,” facilitated by author and communications expert Al Comeaux. In our upcoming program, Al will guide us in a discussion on how communicators can use their communications skills to earn a seat at the table and help our executives prepare for organizational and industry changes.
As a friendly reminder, if you haven’t already completed our annual membership survey please do so now. Your candid responses help us shape programming and drive increased value for our members.
On behalf of our Board of Directors, we are honored to serve you. Please feel free to reach out with thoughts, feedback and suggestions on how we can continue to grow the value of your PRSA and chapter membership.
Lauren L. Venoy, M.S. IMC, APR
2021 NFPRSA President
The HR Communications Advisor ideates, develops, and executes communications and events that drive associate engagement and foster awareness and adoption of the enterprise’s wide range of Human Resources services and programs. The successful applicant must have a passion for cultivating a culture where associates can thrive and feel included and valued.
This role requires creating and executing communications strategies and plans that drive overall associate engagement, promote benefits and wellness programs, learning and development opportunities, performance management process, business transformation initiatives and much more. At least 3 years of HR communications experience for a large corporation is required.
For more information, please click the "Learn More" link below.
For 50 years, Brooks Rehabilitation, headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., has been a comprehensive source for physical rehabilitation services. As a nonprofit organization, Brooks operates one of the nation’s largest inpatient rehabilitation hospitals in the U.S. with 160 beds, one of the region’s largest home healthcare agencies, 40 outpatient therapy clinics, a Center for Inpatient Rehabilitation in partnership with Halifax Health in Daytona Beach, the Brooks Rehabilitation Medical Group, two skilled nursing facilities, assisted living and memory care. Brooks will treat more than 60,000 patients through its system of care each year. In addition, Brooks operates the Clinical Research Center, which specializes in research for stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury and more to advance the science of rehabilitation. Brooks also provides many low or no cost community programs and services such as the Brooks Clubhouse, Brooks Aphasia Center and Brooks Adaptive Sports and Recreation to improve the quality of life for people living with physical disabilities. Brooks Rehabilitation proudly employs over 2,500 clinicians and staff across the state of Florida. We are looking for exceptional people to join our culture of caring and bring our mission to life.
We are currently seeking a temporary Marketing Specialist to join the Brooks Rehabilitation Integrated Marketing Communications team. The right candidate should be an eager individual who is passionate about our Mission and Values, and who can handle multiple projects and deadlines in accordance with brand standards and timelines. He or she thrives in a dynamic work environment and has excellent people and organizational skills. The successful candidate should be highly organized, be able to create compelling and engaging content and messages that tell the Brooks story.
- Works closely with members of the Brooks Rehabilitation Integrated Marketing Communications department to support various marketing initiatives and programs that advance the organization’s strategic plan.
- Lead our social media presence in collaboration with the team to include creating and scheduling content and reporting analytics/results. Ensure efforts align with overarching social media and marketing strategies.
- Day-to-day management of digital signage platform(s) to include content creation and programming.
- Proactively identifies and creates compelling content - in a variety of formats - to support all of our content distribution platforms. Provide backup support to content channels, as appropriate.
- Monitors online reputation across Google, Bing and social media channels for the enterprise. Works with leaders in all care settings to resolve customer service issues. Reports trends and recommendations.
- Creates and deploys high-quality, timely and relevant materials, edits existing materials for grammatical and/or spelling errors and ensures clear, concise prose and appropriate writing style for a targeted audience.
- The ability to create error free work.
- Stays up-to-date on current trends and best practices, and brings forward new ideas that benefit Brooks. Continually strives to improve efficiency and functionality of communications vehicles and platforms. Capitalizes on innovation and technological advancements.
- Assists with and coordinates email campaigns and messages, as needed.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to build and improve positive relationships and credibility with colleagues, peers and stakeholders.
- Assesses opportunities for improvements, and demonstrates willingness and ability to adapt to change.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and creative abilities.
- Broad based knowledge of communications tools and tactics.
- Requires problem solving, critical thinking, active listening, quantitative skills, persuasive oral and written communication skills, project management, presentation skills and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a consensus-style and collaborative environment that expects and promotes teamwork.
- A professional demeanor and the ability to work with all levels of the organization, and potentially patients and/or loved ones.
- Experience in designing presentations, creative content and materials.
- Must possess the ability to inspire trust and confidence, and maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Must possess high personal motivation supporting a strong work ethic, flexibility and creativity.
- Associated Press style experience. Ability to work within brand guidelines and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, business administration or equivalent professional work experience
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, Wrike, Dropbox and other cloud-based content sharing tools.
- Preferred skills include knowledge of InDesign, MailChimp, Photoshop, Canva and other content management platforms.
- Healthcare experience is a plus.
Click here to apply: https://careers-brooksrehab.icims.com/jobs/9570/job
The Digital Communications Specialist is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining digital assets in support of JEA's web properties, email and social media efforts under the direction of the Manager of Digital Communications. This includes ensuring that JEA's online voice, brand identity, and messaging are presented consistently and effectively across all digital platforms.
The Digital Communications Specialist role is responsible for identifying the scope of a project, researching and making recommendations, setting goals and timeframes, as well as working with developers, product managers, and agencies in a project management role. This position is expected to design and help drive the creative process by presenting well-developed, creative solutions to meet given objectives. The Digital Communications Specialist will work with content management systems (CMS) and other marketing tools to edit web content and functionality, build campaigns and work closely with content owners to ensure the accuracy and quality of content before it is deployed live. This role also will ensure web content is generally accurate and up-to-date, ensuring content owners are empowered to proactively manage content.
Work with Digital Communications colleagues and the jea.com scrum team to improve the web customer experience.
Ensure the technical feasibility of designs by W3C standards and internal applications' capabilities.
Maintain high standards with web best practices and ADA compliance.
Use of (Ektron) Content Management System and work closely with Technology Services department on implementing and testing system improvements and upgrades.
Design web content and navigation and assist in content creation as required to achieve communications objectives.
Use visualization tools such as Adobe XD to create advanced mock-ups is crucial.
Establish, implement, and follow processes, guidelines and schedules to ensure content remains up-to-date and is continually refreshed on jea.com.
Ensure consistency and excellence in web content quality and brand compliance by following UX/UI best practices, providing comprehensive QA reviews for new website functionality and enhancements, and documenting and enforcing best practices.
Guide the editorial contributions of contributors and provides CMS training and ongoing support as needed.
Develop, write, and edit clear, concise web content.
Optimize digital content for organic search engine rankings using SEO knowledge.
Monitor and report website analytics through Google Analytics.
Set up and design responsive emails utilizing templates.
Demonstrate understanding of design problem solving while maintaining brand standards and current company design trends.
Test and QA all emails for compatibility with web browsers and email clients and/or through testing software; ensuring all links, images, subject lines and list segments are correct prior to sends. Assist in troubleshooting rendering issues across a wide range of popular email clients and web browsers.
Understand and report on email metrics.
Maintain email campaign calendar and workflows.
Participate in the development of JEA's social media strategy as it pertains to overall brand consistency across channels.
Coordinate with Digital Media Coordinators on social media campaigns, ensuring web content linked from campaigns is up-to-date and tracking codes are appropriate.
Ensure web content metadata is complete and up-to-date to maximize social sharing.
Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in digital media, graphic design, communications, journalism or closely related field is required.
Experience: Five (5) years of experience in digital user or interface design, website content management, and/or writing, editorial or design in an online environment.
An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
Primary Location: US-FL-Jacksonville
Work Locations: 21 W Church Street 21 W Church Street Jacksonville 32202
Job: Community Engagement
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posting: Mar 26, 2021, 2:34:13 PM
Closing Date: Apr 19, 2021, 11:59:00 PM
To learn more and apply for this position, please visit https://jea.taleo.net/careersection/jea+-+external/jobdetail.ftl?job=11588&lang=en
The Enterprise Communications Specialist is a critical creative resource on the Enterprise Communications team and will develop and execute a wide variety of communications materials and tactics in support of GuideWell, GuideWell Health and Florida Blue business objectives, including the company's business units and/or functional areas. You will collaborate with colleagues from across the Communications team to create materials and to contribute to communications programs that have a material business and/or reputational impact.
- Develop communications materials, including newsletters, direct mail/emails/SMS, digital and social content, sales news articles, provider news articles, brochures or fliers, scripts, talking points and intranet articles, and ensure appropriate distribution of communications materials. Ensure that communications are streamlined, easy to understand, engaging and on brand. Collaborate with communications colleagues to align messaging across audiences.
- Ensure communications are executed to a standard of excellence and are accurate, engaging, properly positioned and consistent with other related communications.
- Provide copywriting and editing services, collaborating with subject matter experts and business partners, manage legal/compliance/privacy/MRT reviews and approvals, and occasionally manage translation requests on specific communication projects. Engage business partners for content execution.
- Serve on various integrated communications project and initiative teams and collaborate with designers, communications consultants and Enterprise Communications leaders to develop materials that are creative and high impact.
Required Work Experience
- 5+ years related work experience.
- Related Bachelor's degree required Communications, marketing communications, journalism, liberal arts, public relations or related field
- Experience developing and implementing multi-audience strategic communications plans and evaluating results
- Ability and willingness to perform strategic, managerial and tactical elements of the role
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills, attention to detail, and a sophisticated design sensibility
- Proven ability to write in multiple voices, to understand complex concepts and to express them simply
- Expert in communications and knowledgeable about emerging trends and industry practices, particularly digital and social communications best practices.
- Professional presence, a positive and enthusiastic demeanor, and the ability to build relationships in a highly matrixed environment
- Strong project management skills with the ability to execute programs with speed, accuracy and efficiency
- Highly adaptable and comfortable managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Demonstrated fluency in Associated Press (AP) style.
- Broad understanding of the health insurance business
- Knowledge of health care delivery models and provider contracting and payment methodologies
- Business and strategic acumen
General Physical Demands
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to move objects.
- Jobs are sedentary if traversing activities are required only occasionally.
- Must be able to travel to multiple locations for work (i.e. travel to attend meetings, events, conferences) occasionally.