Dear NFPRSA family,
My name is Lauren Venoy, APR, and I am proud to serve as your 2021 North Florida chapter president of PRSA. I hope you had a wonderful time celebrating the holidays after a relentless and challenging 2020. I spent a lot of time reflecting on what has been the most storied year of my generation's lifetime. If anything, 2020 taught me the importance of gratitude and getting back to basics: embracing the blessings of mental and physical health, the power of valued relationships and the criticalness of personal accountability. It also gave me a lot of time to think about each one of you, and how I may help drive value for you as North Florida PRSA chapter members as we navigate the new year. I have two goals - to ensure you know your membership is valued, and to ensure we drive value for your investment in our chapter.
Over the next year, our chapter will be focused on getting back to the basics. Our board of directors are focused on providing you:
- Convenient programming and flexible delivery options to provide you with tools you can implement in your careers that will help you deliver results;
- Opportunities to help you cultivate relationships with communications peers in our region so we can navigate challenges and deliver best-in-class communications strategies for our industries and communities together; and
- Professional development to help you unlock new ways of thinking about your work, and/or pivot and chart a new course in your career.
Your voice is important to me. To help our strategic planning and to best meet your expectations >>> please complete this short membership survey.
A few important reminders and updates to keep on your radar:
- Save the date from noon to 1 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 28 as we welcome Jennifer Hudson, APR, founder of ThinkBeyond Communications for her program as she shares her passion and her lessons learned helping clients use powerful and effective strategic communications to strengthen their brand and grow in ways they may have never imagined. Jennifer Prior to launching ThinkBeyond, Jennifer served as vice president of communications for the southeast USA, Latin America and the Caribbean at British Airways, where she oversaw all external and internal communications in 18 markets. She managed global public relations for Sabre, a travel technology firm and founder of Travelocity, helping the company establish its new brand following an initial public offering and split from American Airlines. Click here to register for this FREE program!
- Speaking of strategy, now is the time to start thinking about PRSA Silver and Bronze Anvil award submissions.
- Silver Anvil Awards honor strategic public relations programs which help answer challenging issues with professional skill, creativity and resourcefulness (click here to learn more). Ideas may include Coronavirus campaigns or campaigns constructed to answer social justice issues.
- Early deadline is Feb. 12
- Final deadline is Feb. 26
- Bronze Anvil Awards honor best-in-class tactical implementation (click here to learn more). Ideas include corporate social responsibility reports, and other best-in-class communications tactics such as newsletters, infographics, videos and more.
- Early deadline is March 12
- Final deadline is March 26
- Contemplating a change in your career? Make sure to check our North Florida PRSA job bank as it is updated regularly.
I look forward to seeing you at our January program, and in the meantime please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.
Wishing you a fruitful 2021, and I look forward to serving you in the next year.
Lauren L. Venoy, M.S. IMC, APR
2021 NFPRSA President
Realtor association seeking seasoned communications professional for Communications Director position. Responsibilities include writing and editing for internal and external audiences, with knowledge of AP writing style a must. Additional responsibilities are creating and updating electronic, print, and social media (to include handling all web updates), issues and event management, brand management, and desktop publishing with good layout and design skills. This position is the lead media spokesperson for the 10,000+ member trade association, necessitating excellent verbal and media relations skills, as well as the ability to shift gears to provide factual, and often extensive, information and real estate market statistics to media within tight timeframes. Must be detail orientated and possess superior organizational skills. Limited web coding (HTML) a plus.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Communications or Public Relations.
- A minimum of five years of professional communications work experience.
- Working knowledge of the internet and websites.
- Desktop publishing, organizational, and business/presentation programs: Quark, Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat/Distiller, Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Direct inquiries to Glenn East at 904-613-8568 or [email protected].
Job Description: Located in Jacksonville Beach, FL or Austin, TX, the External Communications Specialist is a newly created full-time position, reporting to the External Communications Manager, that will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the company’s external-facing strategic social and traditional media relations activities, collaborating on efforts to promote company initiatives and successes. Tasks may include but are not limited to: developing and implementing social media strategies and content to reach target audiences, monitoring relevant social and traditional media coverage, drafting media materials, and developing media lists. Detailed job description included in the application link below.
About the Organization: With a mantra of Empowering Human Potential, Hanger, Inc. is the world's premier provider of orthotic and prosthetic (O&P) services and products, offering the most advanced O&P solutions, clinically differentiated programs and unsurpassed customer service. Hanger's Patient Care segment is the largest owner and operator of O&P patient care clinics nationwide. Through its Products & Services segment, Hanger distributes branded and private label O&P devices, products and components, and provides rehabilitative solutions to the broader market. With nearly 160 years of clinical excellence and innovation, Hanger's vision is to lead the orthotic and prosthetic markets by providing superior patient care, outcomes, services and value. Collectively, Hanger employees touch thousands of lives each day, helping people achieve new levels of mobility and freedom.
- Qualified professional with strong writing, editing, content creation, presentation and relationship-building skills.
- Critical to the role is the ability to communicate in a voice consistent with Hanger’s values and culture
- Experience developing and implementing paid strategies across social media platforms (both B2C and B2B preferred)
- Experience representing company as the face of the brand, managing customer service inquiries and issues on various social media platforms preferred
- Excellent writing, proofing and editorial skills. Fluent in AP Style
- Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to prioritize projects according to enterprise objectives, while exhibiting flexibility in a fast-paced, often pressured environment
- Ability to build effective relationships as a trusted communications advisor and to partner with employees at all levels
- Capable of understanding perspectives of multiple audiences and able to develop content focused on the specific needs of each audience
- Experience with video content creation/editing and graphic design preferred
- Experience with social media monitoring software such as Brandwatch preferred
- Experience with media list building and monitoring software such as Cision preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
Candidate Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field
- 5 years relevant work experience within an agency, large corporate communications environment, or similar; experience with a publicly-traded healthcare company a plus
How to Apply: Visit Hanger's Careers website to apply: https://careers.hanger.com/us/en/job/18251/External-Communications-Specialist
Burdette Ketchum, a leading integrated marketing agency that helps our clients discover and amplify the compelling truth in their brands and then share those truths through powerful, varied experiences, is looking for a Senior Public Relations Account Manager to join our public relations and social team, reporting to our Director of Strategic Communications. The candidate will be responsible for managing multiple accounts that require public relations, social media, content and thought leadership development services - but with a principal focus on media relations.
- Manage public relations programs for accounts in the healthcare, technology, consumer packaged goods and cultural/non-profit arenas
- Write and pitch press releases and feature ideas by phone or email to national, regional and trade journalists, across print, broadcast and online, to interest them in covering client stories
- Respond to phone calls and emails from journalists
- Arrange interviews and editorial meetings with key journalists for client spokespeople and facilitate these meetings where appropriate
- Monitor media coverage and report results to the wider team and clients
- Manage client social media accounts such as their Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn page
- Brainstorm fresh ideas and angles for PR campaigns
- 7-10 years of public relations experience; preferably some agency experience
- Proven outcomes in regional/national public relations (i.e. portfolio of press results)
- Superb organizational, project, and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Strong ability to write and communicate clearly and concisely
- Strong spirit of collaboration and ability to work across different groups and on different client projects
- Highly self-motivated and results-driven with a can-do attitude
Please direct all resume to Kristyna Munoz at [email protected]. Burdette Ketchum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.