North Florida PRSA Board of Directors Nominations
The North Florida Chapter of PRSA has experienced a fantastic 2019 so far, and we look forward to continuing that trend in 2020. You've probably heard at least one PRSA member say "You get out of your membership what you put into it!" What better way to get the most out of your membership than by serving on the Board of Directors! Without this Board, I would not be the communications professional I am today.
If you're looking to expand your role within PRSA, gain leadership experience or make more connections, then serving on the 2020 PRSA Board of Directors is something you should strongly consider. If you would like to learn more, please email me at [email protected].
Burdette Ketchum, a leading integrated marketing agency that helps our clients discover and amplify the compelling truth in their brands and then share those truths through powerful, varied experiences, is looking for a Public Relations and Administrative Coordinator to join our team in Jacksonville, Florida.
The Public Relations and Administrative Coordinator will work with the Communications team on behalf of multiple clients in a fast-paced agency setting. The person in this role stays up to speed on social media trends, effectively manages social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.) and is a good business communications writer. The right candidate has a growth mindset and actively seeks opportunities to expand their skills, thinking, professional acumen, and, ultimately, their career. In addition to the PR and social media responsibilities of the role, the Coordinator handles office reception and performs day-to-day administrative duties for office operations.
- Researches and builds lists of media and influencers (experience with Cision/Meltwater or similar platform preferred)
- Keeps track of reporting, metrics, and measurement (media clips, impressions, etc.)
- Monitors trends and create content across multiple social media platforms on behalf of clients and agency
- Develops proactive editorial pitches and pitches media
- Creates original content, including press releases, blog posts, etc.
- Supports the administrative functions of the agency, including reception, phones, supplies and other support needs of the agency
- Superb organizational, project, and time management skills
- Strong ability to write and communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to collaborate and work across different groups
- Self-motivated and results-driven
- Smart and curious
- Reliable, dependable and committed
- Positive and energetic
- Adaptable and agile
- Passionate about marketing
- 1-2 years of marketing/public relations/social media experience, ideally in an agency setting, showing growth within roles and responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, business administration or a similar field, or relevant field experience is preferred
- Strong writing, interpersonal, social media and customer service skills
- Understanding of Microsoft Office, Google Docs and a Mac environment
- Openness to learning new things and provide help across the agency as needed
Please direct all resume to Mark Stevens at [email protected]. Burdette Ketchum is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion guide our growth and strategy. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about, and committed to leading efforts to provide culturally relevant care, reducing health disparities, and helping build a diverse and inclusive team environment. All Nemours associates are expected to ensure that these philosophies are embedded in their day to day work with colleagues, patients and families.
Nemours is seeking a Public Relations Specialist.
The Public Relations Specialist helps to develop strategic communications initiatives targeting the media, patients, and the public to enhance and protect the reputation of Nemours and its Associates. This individual must be a self-starter with a panache for identifying and packaging compelling stories. The role requires an understanding of how to create and drive key messages through traditional media relations, thought leadership, digital content creation, award nominations and other tactics as identified. The candidate should possess an aptitude for building internal and external relationships, and have an excellent track record in placing stories in Jacksonville and the state of Florida as well as national media. This role will primarily focus on the Nemours’ Children’s Specialty Care, Jacksonville with the goal of story mining differentiators that can lead to opportunities for national recognition. The Public Relations Specialist will be reporting to the director of Enterprise Public Relations.
- Employ a keen sense of what ‘makes’ a great story, compelling patients and other key stakeholders to recognize Nemours as a leader in pediatric healthcare.
- Possess an understanding of healthcare innovation that fuels strategy and success in securing national media coverage.
- Cultivate relationships with Nemours researchers, clinicians and other internal stakeholders to learn about and then capture the elements needed to secure the interest of journalists resulting in outstanding media coverage.
- Grow relationships with the media in Nemours’ key markets in Florida with a focus on Jacksonville and in conjunction with colleagues in Orlando and Pensacola for statewide opportunities.
- Aptitude for strengthen existing and cultivate new relationships with partner hospitals, and patient and community organizations to grow visibility of Nemours and underscore its thought leadership.
- Proactively identify issues that may impact the organization’s reputation and help develop communications plans to mitigate situation.
- Create a variety of digital communications products including video news releases, edited videos for social media and still photos ensuring all of them adhere to brand standards.
- Write communications products including press releases, fact sheets, award nominations, and speeches, ensuring each includes timely, accurate information and key messages.
- Experience with media and social media tools such as Cision, TV Eyes, PR Newswire’s Online Newsroom, Sprinklr, Adobe Spark, iMovie and other tools used daily by the public relations team.
- Support the development of PR reports that articulate the team’ ROI.
- Engage with external entities such as hospital partners and trade organizations, and ensure Nemours is showcased appropriately in their communications efforts.
- Possess a willingness to travel throughout Florida when necessary (post COVID-19) and work non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, or other related field
- Prior experience in healthcare
- Relationships with journalists in Jacksonville, Florida as well as national media
- Understanding of business and community organizations and leaders in assigned geographic area
- 7-10 years of experience
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://nemours.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers_at_nemours/job/Jacksonville-FL/Public-Relations-Specialist_31035
- This position serves as an integral part of the Firehouse Subs field team, working day-to-day with the Franchise Business Consultant and Field Marketing Manager to achieve the brand’s key performance indicators
- Serves as the primary public relations contact for franchisees in assigned territories
- Implements the brand’s annual public relations strategy in assigned regions to drive traffic and awareness to meet sales goals and franchisee satisfaction
- Provide public relations coaching, mentoring, and continued training for each franchisee in assigned territories
- Collaborates with the Director of Public Relations to develop annual local public relations plans that center around traditional earned media as a lead component, and is ultimately responsible for the execution of those plans
- Comprehensive New Restaurant Opening public relations to include creation, implementation and execution of new restaurant opening press materials within assigned territory with support from Media Relations Specialist
- Identify local public relations initiatives to increase brand awareness through traditional earned media channels
- Serve as the media spokesperson for assigned territories
- Provide designated Franchise Business Consultants and franchisees with local restaurant public relations consultation
- Act as liaison between Director of Public Relations and the field team/franchisees to ensure ideas, suggestions and feedback are received, considered and responded to appropriately
- Provide local public relations support for Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation events in assigned territory, as needed
- Travel to territory to build relationships local teams, as needed
- Provides crisis communications support to the Director of Public Relations in assigned territory, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or a related field
- Minimum of three years public relations, corporate communications or journalism work experience
- Public relations agency background in account service
- Able to effectively multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Able to communicate in both written and verbal form with conviction and credibility, adapting message to suit level of audience
- Flexibility, a positive attitude, enthusiasm and excellent problem solving skills required
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently and with teams
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Outgoing personality
- Proficient in AP style
- Strong public speaking skills; must be able to present to large groups
- Restaurant industry experience is a plus
- Franchising experience is a plus
- Accreditation in Public Relations (APR)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Firehouse Subs
Founded by former firefighting brothers Chris Sorensen and Robin Sorensen, Firehouse Subs® began in 1994 with one restaurant in Jacksonville, Fla. 26 years later, the company has spread like wildfire with more than 1180 locations across 46 states, Puerto Rico and Canada.
Specializing in hot subs, Firehouse Subs® serves hearty portions of premium meats and cheeses, “steamed” hot and placed atop fresh produce on a toasted sub roll. Each restaurant offers a family-oriented dining atmosphere, complete with an authentic firefighter theme that celebrates local firefighting history, as well as the founding family’s decades of firefighting service. Firehouse Subs® is committed to giving back and has awarded more than $53 million to public safety organizations through its non-profit, Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation.
Our mission is to carry on our commitment to and passion for:
- Hearty and Flavorful Food
- Heartfelt Service, and
- Public Safety
Request for Information
Treasure Coast Food Bank
Krista Garofalo, Chief Resources Officer
All materials contained in this request for information are protected by copyright law, and may not be reproduced, republished, distributed, transmitted, displayed, broadcast or otherwise exploited in any manner without the consent of Treasure Coast Food Bank.
Treasure Coast Food Bank, the largest hunger relief organization on Florida’s Treasure Coast, works tirelessly to provide direct services and outreach programs to help support children, seniors, and families in need. With a staff of over 40 employees, and a fleet of more than 8,000 volunteers, TCFB distributes millions of meals annually to our neighbors in Indian River, St. Lucie, Martin, and Okeechobee counties.
Founded in 1988, Treasure Coast Food Bank works to solve hunger by providing direct food service programs, running innovative grassroots initiatives, educating the public about the struggles people face in our communities, and advocating on behalf of those in need. In partnership with farmers, manufacturers, retail stores, and nearly 300 schools and partner agencies, Treasure Coast Food Bank serves as a bridge between food sources and individuals who are struggling to put food on the table.
Marketing & Public Relations Program Objectives
We are seeking a firm to provide marketing and public relations services to meet the following objectives:
1. To build brand awareness locally and nationally.
2. Advocate as a leader in implementing hunger solutions.
3. Position the organization as a center of competency for hunger issues.
4. Obtain and increase financial support from multiple, innovative revenue streams and sources of in-kind support
Please include the following information in your request:
Agency Contact Information
Number of Full-Time Employees and Locations of Offices
Legal inquiries – have there been any legal actions brought against you in the last 7 years?
Brief description of the agency culture and principles
Bios of key staff servicing non-profit sector clients
List of clients specific to the non-profit sector
Description of the size of companies the agency represents and the average term of client engagements
List of the services offered in-house, and services contracted out to other vendors or partners
Rates for services (retainer, by the hour, or by some other method)
What makes your firm unique?
Please provide 3 one-paragraph to one-page case studies which represent the agency’s work (one of them should be from the last 12 months, and none older than three years)
How would you structure a team given a monthly budget of $2,500?
Please provide a one paragraph summary of why your agency would be a good fit for our organization.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST DISCLOSURE
Please include a statement confirming your agency has no conflicts of interest due to your work for existing clients.
Respondents must submit their proposal in a PDF format, to Krista Garofalo, Chief Resources Officer, at [email protected]
Proposals must be received no later than 5 p.m. EDT on September 11, 2020
Request for Information Released: August 21
Deadline for Submission: September 11
Review of Submissions: September 14 - 18
Invitations to Pitch Released: September 21
Pitch Meetings: October 5 - 9
Notification of Agency Selected: October 16
All questions regarding this request for information should be sent to [email protected] no later than September 9.
There will be an opportunity for more thorough questioning later in the submission process so please only send questions pertaining to the request for information.