AP - Coronavirus Topical Guide: http://www.apstylebook.com/topical_most_recent
AP Stylebook tips on the coronavirus: https://www.poynter.org/reporting-editing/2020/ap-stylebook-tips-on-the-coronavirus/
Michael Smart PR – How COVID-era PR Pros are Finding Success – Free recorded webinar: https://michaelsmartpr.com/pr-pros-succeeding-in-covid-era/?utm_campaign=oo&utm_source=mspr&utm_medium=email&utm_content=sgn&utm_term=e20200604
Diversity Style Guide: https://www.diversitystyleguide.com/
“Responding to Racial Injustice with Change and Healing” – PRSA Webinar: Click here for playback. Please be sure to be logged into your PRSA account to access.
- "U.S. Businesses Must Take Meaningful Action Against Racism" (Harvard Business Review)
- "Talking about Race" series (National Museum of African American History & Culture)
- "Unconscious Bias: How It Affects Us More Than We Know" (Forbes)
- A Conversation on Race video series (NY times)
- How Studying Privilege Systems Can Strengthen Compassion (Peggy McIntosh at TEDxTimberlaneSchools)
- Biased: Uncovering the Hidden Prejudice That Shapes What We See, Think, and Do (by Jennifer L. Eberhardt Ph.D.)
- So You Want to Talk About Race (by Ijeoma Oluo)
Managing Virtual Teams, Marla Albertie, M.Ed.
Check out these jobs on the First Coast!
Request for Information
Treasure Coast Food Bank
Krista Garofalo, Chief Resources Officer
All materials contained in this request for information are protected by copyright law, and may not be reproduced, republished, distributed, transmitted, displayed, broadcast or otherwise exploited in any manner without the consent of Treasure Coast Food Bank.
Treasure Coast Food Bank, the largest hunger relief organization on Florida’s Treasure Coast, works tirelessly to provide direct services and outreach programs to help support children, seniors, and families in need. With a staff of over 40 employees, and a fleet of more than 8,000 volunteers, TCFB distributes millions of meals annually to our neighbors in Indian River, St. Lucie, Martin, and Okeechobee counties.
Founded in 1988, Treasure Coast Food Bank works to solve hunger by providing direct food service programs, running innovative grassroots initiatives, educating the public about the struggles people face in our communities, and advocating on behalf of those in need. In partnership with farmers, manufacturers, retail stores, and nearly 300 schools and partner agencies, Treasure Coast Food Bank serves as a bridge between food sources and individuals who are struggling to put food on the table.
Marketing & Public Relations Program Objectives
We are seeking a firm to provide marketing and public relations services to meet the following objectives:
1. To build brand awareness locally and nationally.
2. Advocate as a leader in implementing hunger solutions.
3. Position the organization as a center of competency for hunger issues.
4. Obtain and increase financial support from multiple, innovative revenue streams and sources of in-kind support
Please include the following information in your request:
Agency Contact Information
Number of Full-Time Employees and Locations of Offices
Legal inquiries – have there been any legal actions brought against you in the last 7 years?
Brief description of the agency culture and principles
Bios of key staff servicing non-profit sector clients
List of clients specific to the non-profit sector
Description of the size of companies the agency represents and the average term of client engagements
List of the services offered in-house, and services contracted out to other vendors or partners
Rates for services (retainer, by the hour, or by some other method)
What makes your firm unique?
Please provide 3 one-paragraph to one-page case studies which represent the agency’s work (one of them should be from the last 12 months, and none older than three years)
How would you structure a team given a monthly budget of $2,500?
Please provide a one paragraph summary of why your agency would be a good fit for our organization.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST DISCLOSURE
Please include a statement confirming your agency has no conflicts of interest due to your work for existing clients.
Respondents must submit their proposal in a PDF format, to Krista Garofalo, Chief Resources Officer, at [email protected]
Proposals must be received no later than 5 p.m. EDT on September 11, 2020
Request for Information Released: August 21
Deadline for Submission: September 11
Review of Submissions: September 14 - 18
Invitations to Pitch Released: September 21
Pitch Meetings: October 5 - 9
Notification of Agency Selected: October 16
All questions regarding this request for information should be sent to [email protected] no later than September 9.
There will be an opportunity for more thorough questioning later in the submission process so please only send questions pertaining to the request for information.
Florida Blue is seeking three Sr. Regional Communications Leaders. These roles will be embedded into the local presence teams in South Florida (Doral), West Florida (Tampa) and Central Florida (Lake Mary), so candidates should reside in those regions or be willing to relocate. These roles will provide hyperlocal strategic internal and external communications support as part of the State & Regional Communications team within the larger Enterprise Communications department at Florida Blue.
Links to the job descriptions are below.
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Summary of Job: Carries out programs, projects and activities designed to increase and retain membership in the club, help new members become involved and feel welcome, and make all members feel valued and appreciated. Represent the Club in its relationships with external constituencies. Plan (with the Social & Entertainment Committee) and execute all member social events, be present to attend to members’ needs and take photographs. Develop and carry out the Club’s social media programming.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and Communications or equivalent work experience;
- 3+ years in the private club or hospitality industry working in membership, marketing, and communications;
- Must have a professional demeanor, a gracious attitude, and the ability to interface with a high-end clientele;
- Demonstrates ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all departments, team members, current and prospective members, and business partners;
- Demonstrates understanding and experience in membership sales techniques with upscale clientele in a private club;
- Proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office Applications;
- Dynamic interpersonal and written communication skills, and exceptional proofreading ability
- Highly organized and presents a professional demeanor
- The ability and motivation to occasionally work nights, weekends, and holidays when and where appropriate to engage and build strong member relationships;
- High standards of integrity and reliability
- Successful completion of drug testing;
- U.S. citizenship or valid work visa and passport.
Summary of Responsibilities: Recruit and process new members, attend club events, take photos, maintain active presence on the Club’s Social Media Platforms, help plan and execute member events, serve as the members’ primary source on contact; maintain all membership files with the utmost confidentiality. Experience in private country clubs desired. Enthusiastic and outgoing personality a must. Perform other jobs as assigned by management.
Competitive salary plus commission. Excellent benefits which includes group medical, vision, and dental, 401(k), PTO, and more.
Please send resume to: Kenny Butler, Manager of Human Resources, [email protected].